- Almost every human needs a mattress that gives the perfect back support so that it can save them from back pain. Snoozerbedding mattress provides you full comfort for your back pain and gives good back support. The new technology of pocket spring mattresses fully gives orthopedic support that lets you experience good sleep all over the night.
- The Lancet Medical Journal published a report about a study conducted on a random sample of over 300 people in Spain who complained of back pain and the findings revealed that those who used medium-hard mattresses for a period of three months, recovered faster from back pain than those who stuck to hard ones. Thus,the myth that hard mattresses help treat back pain gets debunked completely and it has been proved that medium firm mattress is the best mattress for back pain and good for back support.
This is just one of the myths associated with hard mattresses and there are many more. Myths get perpetuated generation after generation because few try to reason out the scientific basis of the myth and it is so much easier to blindly believe what others say. Some of the most common myths associated with hard mattresses include:
- 1 - A bad back needs rest only on a very hard mattressBad backs with pain need hard support but not too hard or too hard a mattress since it will damage the other parts resting on it. Hard mattresses are particularly harsh on the shoulders and hips and most people wake up in the morning feel sore instead of rested.
- 2 - Hard mattresses bring better sleepThis is a far fetched statement since sleep is the byproduct of the interplay of a series of factors including the person's health, fitness, stress and mental state, height, weight and so on.
- 3 - Hard mattresses last longerWhile hard mattresses do not easily sag or get a depression like the softer mattresses, they certainly have a limited life span. Mattresses made from cotton or jute would get lumpy after sometime and inner springs also tend to wear out. The life span of a hard mattress is not very different from other mattresses.
- 4 - Hard mattresses are suitable for anyone and every oneThis is a generalization that cannot be made about any type of mattress. All individuals have different preferences, sleeping postures and body contours, and each of these has a role to play in determining the most suitable mattress for him.
- 5 - Tired bodies need hard support for restThis is not true because a hard mattress exerts pressure by not supporting the various parts of the body in an even manner, leading to aches and pains in a few parts of the body.
Thus it is extremely difficult to follow the myths about hard mattresses and get influenced by them.
The matter of selecting a mattress is a very subjective one and must be led by personal preference rather than mythical statements.
- To find out which is the most comfortable mattress, trust what five star hotels useSnoozer Box spring beds and Mattress are the little known brand chosen by these hotels since 1995 and now are available selectively in retail market for Home Buyers as well.